Here are some of the many organizations that provide cybersecurity tools, publications, and best practices for administrative, physical, and technical safeguards. High quality software and information is often available to the public at no cost.
- SANS Institute
- National Institute of Science and Technology
- US-CERT (United States Computer Readiness Team)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- IBM Research Center
- Department of Homeland Security
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CERT: Carnegie-Mellon Software Engineering Institute, Computer Emergency Response Coordination Center
The most important safeguard you can put in place is the right backup regimen. Data mirroring and media rotation can protect your data from theft, loss, and system failures. Remote backups can additionally insure against local or regional disasters.
You CAN protect your data, your stakeholders and your business by implementing enterprise-grade, best-practice security measures.